what i am...???

Once upon a time, I,
dreamt I was a butterfly,
flittering hither and thither,
to all intents and purposes a butterfly.....
suddenly I awoke......
Now I do not know whether
I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man

Sunday, February 8, 2009

linux live usb

we can easily create a live usb using UNetbootin. use the following procedure in creating a live usb

open terminal and type

wget http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-linux-latest

to download the bin file of unetbootin

make it executable by typing

chmod u+x unetbootin-linux-313

you have to install p7zip for the proper working of the software

sudo apt-get install p7zip-full

now type:

sudo ./unitbootin-linux-313
to start the application. look at the screen shot


you can select the distro given in the drop down menu if you don't have the iso of the distro. it will be automatically downloaded from the corresponding website.

it will be better to choose the next option if you have the iso file of the distro. pls enter the path to the iso file.

plug the pendrive to the usb port and select ok, after a few minutes, depending on the size of your distro, it will be installed to the pendrive.

reboot and boot from the usb. here it goes.........

No comments:

Post a Comment