what i am...???

Once upon a time, I,
dreamt I was a butterfly,
flittering hither and thither,
to all intents and purposes a butterfly.....
suddenly I awoke......
Now I do not know whether
I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man

Sunday, February 8, 2009

light window manager for ubuntu FVWM-crystal

i am having an old laptop in which i want to install a relatively new OS. I tried openSUSE, ubuntu, kubuntu etc.
but the problem is, my laptop is getting heated up like a furnace. so i need a light OS. So i tried xubuntu 8.04. still the problem persists even though the heating is reduced.

so i googled for a light window manager and got FVWM-Crystal.

following are the procedure to be followed in installing it in ubuntu.

open terminal and type

sudo apt-get install fvwm imagemagick rox-filer\
 xscreensaver trayer gksu aterm habak mpd mpc

then download the crystal package

wget http://download.gna.org/fvwm-crystal/3.0.4/fvwm-\
crystal-3.0.4.tar.gz


untar it

tar xvzf fvwm-crystal-3.0.4.tar.gz

install the crystal package

cd fvwm-crystal-3.0.4
sudo make install

copy the addons

sudo cp addons/fvwm-crystal.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/

and logoff and change session to fvwm-crystal


for more helps browse into the fvwm-crystal documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment