what i am...???

Once upon a time, I,
dreamt I was a butterfly,
flittering hither and thither,
to all intents and purposes a butterfly.....
suddenly I awoke......
Now I do not know whether
I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Command line dialup in ubuntu 8.04

if you are interested in command line internet dialup in ubuntu 8.04 just follow down the steps given below.


  1. connect the wire from the modem to the computer
  2. open terminal
  3. enter password where ever needed
  4. type wvdialconf. some commands can be seen now
  5. now type sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
  6. add 172222 after phone = (if you are using bsnl connection)
  7. set user name and password as your landline number with code
  8. save the file
  9. now type wvdial and you will be connected to the internet
if there is any error in any of the steps please mail me at junisesafvan@gmail.com me or comment here

1 comment:

  1. this is what i have searched for last 3 months. Next my home visit, I will try this with my lap and landline connection... very interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete