what i am...???

Once upon a time, I,
dreamt I was a butterfly,
flittering hither and thither,
to all intents and purposes a butterfly.....
suddenly I awoke......
Now I do not know whether
I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Maxima, a Computer Algebra System

Maxima is a free computer algebra system based on a 1982 version of Macsyma. It is written in Common Lisp and released under the GNU General Public License and runs on all platforms such as Unix, BSD, and Linux as well as under Microsoft Windows.

Maxima is a system for the manipulation of symbolic and numerical expressions, including differentiation, integration, Taylor series, Laplace transforms, ordinary differential equations, systems of linear equations, polynomials, and sets, lists, vectors, matrices, and tensors.

I got the idea of maxima while attending the class of Mr. Deepak sir of NITC in last foss meet. Now i am using it usually. try to use it find the power of maxima.

you can download maxima from this link. you can use windows installer for using in windows and for linux/mac you have to compile the sourcecode which can be downloaded from the same page.

but the problem with maxima is that it has no graphical user interface. if you have any difficulties in using maxima in the terminal, there comes a derivative of maxima called wxmaxima which has got the GUI interface.

you can download the windows version of wxmaxima from here.
to have the linux version you can either use synaptic or download the sourcecode from here and compile it.

No comments:

Post a Comment