what i am...???

Once upon a time, I,
dreamt I was a butterfly,
flittering hither and thither,
to all intents and purposes a butterfly.....
suddenly I awoke......
Now I do not know whether
I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or
whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man

Thursday, November 13, 2008

grub re-installation after windows installation

it is very simple to re-install the grub after the windows installation. just follow the steps given below.

  • boot the system from a live cd
  • open terminal
  • type sudo grub
            you will get a new prompt showing
                  grub>
  • type the following commands in this prompt
  • find /boot/grub/stage1
             you will get an output such as
                grub>(hd0,3)
  • root (hd0,3)
                you have to use the output of the previous command here
  •   setup (hd0)
            this will install grub in your boot loader
  • now type exit to go out of the grub prompt
  • reboot the system, your grub will be restored. if there is any problem pls comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment